Create and Maintain World Class Products
How you'll help us achieve it
Day-to-day you’ll work with a cross-functional group of engineers, data scientists, marketers and designer to understand opportunities, spec out potential solutions and prioritise improvements to our products. On a high level, the Associate PM reports to the Product Manager and collaborates with the product development team to meet product objectives.
In this role, you’ll
- Gathering product usage data and analytics, statistics, and customer feedback.
- Coordinating findings with the sales and support teams and aligning findings with product goals.
- Conducting user research to further identify customer needs and synthesizing research data for useful insights
- Training internal teams and customers on new product features and providing support.
- Perform quality assurance tests on products to ensure quality before release
- Creating documents for supporting internal teams as well as external users (demo videos, release notes, FAQ documents, etc.)
- Works day-to-day with the scrum teams clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, and constantly communicating and gaining alignment around product features and strategy.
- Supports delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear, removes barriers for team members, and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently.
- Performs tasks such as reviewing and writing user stories for supported products.
- Participates in defining and prioritizing the product backlog related to feature-specific business objectives and assists in streamlining the execution of program vision and priorities.
In your first few months, you'll
- Get up-to-speed on our current set of product development & growth/analytics tools and systems, our data model, our product roadmap.
- You’ll need to quickly understand how our product works, the capabilities we have, the nuances of how users onboard, how transactions are processed, delivered, and how throughout the entire process we provide support to our users.
- You’ll want to spend time getting to know the engineering team, as well as our success team.
- You are passionate about building a great product, for this role, so we have a bias for a PM with a technical or design background.
- 1-2 years of relevant product management or technology development experience
- Proven ability to understand the business and engineering sides and get into technical detail
- You are excited about working remotely and have the skills and self-discipline to do so effectively.
- Ability to assume a strong sense of responsibility and ownership in a fast-paced environment
- User-centric design approaches and strong product instincts
- Ability to take a nebulous, vague list of desires & requirements and distill them down into engineering actionable items.
You might be a good fit if
- You aspire to lead and develop true product teams, not feature teams.
- You have a background in engineering or other technical field
- You are a creative and flexible problem solver, and interested in finding the best solutions for our particular needs
- You like getting in the weeds and making projects happen
- You are excited about multiple kinds of work and want to help out where it’s needed
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change.
Bonus points if you
- Have experience in fintech/insurtech.
- Have managed enterprise or B2B products before.
- Understand and can apply iOS, Android and web platform design principles and best-practices.
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria or anywhere in Africa
- This is a permanent position and reports to the Senior PM
- Subsidized health insurance
- 14 day vacation per year