About the role
Purpose of the role:
As a Line Manager, you’ll work with the founder and CEO to own the business development and relationship management of our Insurance industry partners, everything from the development and building of supply side partnerships, the structuring of optimal commercial terms and policies, and setting up a claims process in line with industry best practices. The ideal candidate will have extensive insurance experience, be sales and partnerships driven with a depth of understanding of insurance products. You will also have an exceptional ability to partner effectively with insurance executives and, ideally, have a network to leverage at potential partner organisations. This is an opportunity to be a key a pivotal member of a growing organisation and a global team.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing insurance carrier relationship strategies using key performance metrics to drive growth and profitability within each vertical and act as a key point of contact and relationship manager with carrier partners
- Assisting in delivering key carrier initiatives, appetites, contacts, and strategies to the Curacel organisation, including communicating insurance carrier goals and incentives and executing on enhanced compensation strategies.
- Developing and delivering insurance products based on distributing partners' needs
- Developing carrier-specific strategies and execute efforts to introduce new lines of business and influence the economic structure of Curacel’s partners
- Maintaining strong relationships with and act as liaison to key stakeholders at insurance carrier partners within the region
- Driving new product development through the complex negotiations with new and existing carrier partners, including monthly meetings and quarterly growth sessions to enhance existing partner services structure
- Oversee all carrier reporting/deliverables including (but not limited to): Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews, New Product Business Cases, bordereau reporting, ad hoc data and service requests, etc
- Negotiating policy terms and conditions including pricing with insurance providers
- Recommending product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends,market activities, and competitors
- Preparing briefing notes and presentation materials to be used in carrier meetings. Document notes, key notes, and action items coming out of every carrier relations meeting
- Managing Clients claims process
- Renewing or amending existing policies for clients
In your first few months, you’ll
- Get up-to-speed on our current objectives and our roadmap across our target market.
- You’ll need to quickly understand how our product works,
- Make impactful presentations,
- Learn who our ideal customers are, how to successfully negotiate, how to close effectively and how we manage our present clients.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, insurance, or a related field.
- 5+ years with an insurance underwriter or insurance broker with experience in underwriting, product development or broking large schemes across multiple global markets.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent written skills
- Proven track-record of developing insurance products or schemes.
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement and implementing operational efficiencies.
- Demonstrated experience running and managing a profitable performing insurance portfolio.
- Strategic and tactical skills; must be able to create plans then roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Experience supporting cross functional teams such as claims, customer service and technology.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with business development, sales and product to produce customer success.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proficient in using insurance management systems, Google Workspace tools and other relevant software
- Excellent people management and engagement skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Nice to have:
- Master’s degree or PhD in related field
- Experience working with an InsurTech company
- Subsidised health insurance
- 14 day vacation per year
Our mission is to make it easy and pleasant to get & use risk protection in emerging markets.
More than 3 billion people all over the world are not protected from the risks they face in their daily life. These people try to build a successful life for themselves and their families, but any of those risks can set them back by years.
We are building the rails to make insurance work for the next billion people in emerging markets
Curacel creates APIs that enable insurers to connect with digital distribution channels and to administer their claims cost effectively.
Our products include:
- Grow (DistributionAPI), Add insurance to any product
- Collection(ClaimsAPI), Process insurance claims faster
- Detection (FraudAPI), Detect fraud in claims process
- Fully Remote
- Young, Ambitious & Passionate
- 30+ odd product, engineering, biz & ops Curalytes in 4 countries
- Empowering 15+ insurers (AXA, Liberty, Old Mutual) in ~10 markets
- Backed by Y Combinator (W22), Google and many more great investors