About the role
As a Finance Associate, you will be ultimately responsible for supporting all tactical and operational duties of the accounting function. This includes the preparation of accounting schedules, management reporting, statutory reporting , internal and external stakeholder management.
In the first few months you’ll
- Understand the company’s dynamics on how finances are managed and moved around
- Begin to interface with clients and vendors on financial matters
- Understand how the departments interface on money matters
- Understand the various regulatory bodies that engage our company
- Understand the financial software we use for day-to-day operations
- Support the Finance Manager in budget preparation, annual reports, audits, etc
- Participate in month-end closing activities like generating reports, cut off activities on specific workdays (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Generate, maintain & update receivable aging reports and follow up on invoices
- Carry-out monthly account reconciliation & maintain company’s assets register
- Apply the principles of the finance manuals and update to the manuals subject to the approval of the Finance Manager
- Be involved in the development and update of Finance SOPs
- Timely & Accurate Delivery of tasks
- Be involved in the engagement of internal stakeholders as required to fulfil responsibilities.
- Assist in the development and reporting of key performance metrics to help drive business productivity.
- Ensure timely preparation and transmission of regulatory filings and other external reports
- Be involved in the preparation of standard management reports and any other reports as may be required by management from time to time.
- Ensure the daily reconciliation for all payment processors of all products using source data.
- Ensure accuracy of all automated sources of data via frequent checks and reconciliations
- B.Sc in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- 1-3 years experience in finance or similar role
- Proficiency in the use of Google Workspace
- Background knowledge of insurance broker financial system operation
- Good knowledge of Accounting Software (Sage, Quickbooks, Microsoft Dynamics, etc)
- Intermediate report writing skills
Bonus points if you
- Have certifications like ICAN
- Have worked in insurance before
- This is a permanent position and reports to the Finance Manager & CEO
- Major benefits:
- Health insurance
- 14 day vacation per year
Our mission is to make it easy and pleasant to get & use risk protection in emerging markets.
More than 3 billion people all over the world are not protected from the risks they face in their daily life. These people try to build a successful life for themselves and their families, but any of those risks can set them back by years.
We are building the rails to make insurance work for the next billion people in emerging markets
Curacel creates APIs that enable insurers to connect with digital distribution channels and to administer their claims cost effectively.
Our products include:
- Grow (DistributionAPI), Add insurance to any product
- Collection(ClaimsAPI), Process insurance claims faster
- Detection (FraudAPI), Detect fraud in claims process
- Fully Remote
- Young, Ambitious & Passionate
- 30+ odd product, engineering, biz & ops Curalytes in 4 countries
- Empowering 15+ insurers (AXA, Liberty, Old Mutual) in ~10 markets
- Backed by Y Combinator (W22), Google and many more great investors